We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (the Act) and the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) as set out in the Privacy Ammendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. You can see the full text of the NPPs online at www.privacy.gov.au
This Website Privacy Notice explains our policy for dealing with personal information that we collect through our website under the domain name www.hepqld.asn.au ('Website').
Throughout this Policy, we refer to your 'personal information' which means information which identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained. Your home address and home telephone number are examples of personal information.
We will post any changes to this Website Privacy Notice on the Websites, so we encourage you to check this Website Privacy Notice from time to time.
Information CollectedThe information about you which we may collect through the Websites includes:
- information collected when you register or update an online profile, which may include personal information such as your name and contact details
- the content of electronic forms you submit via the Websites, requesting us to provide services or information, or take actions
- any messages or comments you submit to us via this Websites, eg through an email or 'Contact HQ' form,
- information collected when you participate in an online survey or competition,
- any details you provide to us as part of a payment or donation process, and
- your email address if you subscribe to our newsletters or mailing lists.
In common with many commercial websites we may also collect information that tells us about visitors to the Websites but not the identity of those visitors. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the Websites are most commonly accessed. This information is used by us to help to administer and improve the Website.
CookiesThe Website may make use of "cookies". Cookies are small text files which are placed on your hard drive by some websites to store information. The Website may utilise cookies to remember who you are each time you visit certain parts of the Website, or to manage security. Most browsers allow you to set your own preferences about whether or not to accept cookies, or which cookies to accept. However, to enable and enjoy full usage of the Website you may need to allow cookies.
Use and disclosure of informationIn addition to providing our products and services to you, we may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you:
- in accordance with this Website Privacy Notice;
- where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- for the main purpose(s) for which we collected it, or for related purposes which you would reasonably expect; or
- to the extent that we are required or authorised by law to do so.
LinksThe Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations, which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements.
SecurityWe use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to informationIf you wish to request access to any personal information which we hold about you as a result of our information collection practices outlined in this Website Privacy Notice, please contact us using the "Contact details" set out below.
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy, or wish to make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal information, you may contact us as set out below:
Contact detailsClick here to contact us.
Mailing Address: Hepatitis Queensland, PO Box 3490, South Brisbane QLD 4101
Street Address: Suite 2, 12 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101 Australia
Phone: Admin: (07) 3846 0020, Infoline: 1800 648 491
Fax: (07) 3844 8065