All of our training and education is provided completely FREE of charge.
The ABC of Hepatitis Training and Education Package
The goal of The ABC of Hepatitis is to increase the skills of health care workers and members of the general community to deal with various issues experienced by people diagnosed with, or at risk of contracting viral hepatitis.
The ABC of Hepatitis has two distinct components:
- Scheduled training days
- Information and awareness sessions
Scheduled training days
Scheduled training days are held on a regular basis across various locations in Queensland. Topics covered in the full-day sessions include:
- Viral hepatitis: the basics
- Priority populations
- Prevention and reducing transmission
- Screening, pre-test and post-test discussions and counselling
- Health maintenance
- Disclosure and confidentiality
- Occupational health and safety
- Referrals and linked infrastructure
- Support and advocacy
- Carer support
- Workforce development, and
- Tips on how to create and deliver your own education sessions
To see where our next scheduled training day is being held, please see the main page.
Information and awareness sessions
These sessions are designed for organisations who are unable to attend full-day training sessions, and usually run from anywhere between one hour to half-a-day. A set number of topics are covered in these shorter education sessions, in line with specific workforce development needs (as requested). Our aim is to make the education and training relevant to your organisation.
To book an information and awareness session, please contact the ABC Coordinator on